How to apply
The process for allocating studentships and fellowships for the 2021 intake is now complete and we hope to open the DPhil in Cancer Science to 2022 applicants later in the year. The timeline for the 2021 application process is below.
- 5th October 2020 – Project Booklet released and opening of scheme to applicants
- 8th January 2021 – Deadline for applying to the 2021 intake (with up to 3 ranked projects from the 2021 project list).
- Late January 2021 – Interviews
- February-March 2021 – Award announcements
Interviews are offered to the top-ranked applications, with the results being announced shortly afterwards. All applicants will be judged on the following;
- Evidence of a prior interest in the area of research proposed is likely to advantage your application.
- Prior publications are not required, but research experience and a track record demonstrating an interest in research may be an advantage.
- It would be expected that graduate applicants would be familiar with the recent published work of their proposed supervisor.
- Commitment to and passion for a career in cancer research.
- Reasoning ability and academic curiosity.
If you are thinking of applying to the scheme, useful advice can be found here. If you have any further questions about the programme or the application, please email email@example.com.